Thursday, April 9, 2009

Flowers of Darfur


I love to paint. I can't paint for any old reason though. I wish I could but my mind doesn't seem to work that way. I need to Chanel creative energy in order create anything that I can stand to look at for any period of time. So you can imagine that I don't get a whole lot of painting done. There are ways to stimulate my painting bone though. There are the definite things that create a spark, all I need do is harness those things, compile them in front of me and breath deeply. This time I gathered colour, pattern, women, and fabric and the spark ignited into a flame. The flame fueled into a fire and the fire rushed into an explosion. Looky what exploded all over my paper. These are the women of Darfur. Beautiful aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment