Sunday, May 16, 2010

Time To Push Back


A Childhood dream can only come true when you decide it is no longer a dream but a goal. I have been discouraged from pursuing a career in art since childhood. It is just too difficult to find success in such a profession. "Artists only make money when they are dead" I've been told.

Sadly I bought into this negative notion, creating paintings only for my enjoyment until now. Recently I became the mother of a brilliant little boy. And now, more then ever, I have a burning urge to prove everyone who doubts in my abilities wrong. How can I nurture his dreams if I allowed others to crush my own?

My childhood dream to be a successful artist is tangible. I will succeed. And my son will grow up knowing that if he has a dream he also has the ability to make it a reality.

Thank you for stopping by and being a part of my dream turned goal. The success of this endeavour depends greatly on word of mouth and dedicated fans. Without doubt your support is priceless.

XO

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment